Nā Hopena Aʻo Admin and Outreach Part-time Support Position
Based in the Office of Hawaiian Education at 1390 Miller St, Honolulu
17 hours a week @ $22/hour (rate for an individual with a bachelors degree)
Start date: March 2018
Supervisor: Jessica Worchel, HĀ Special Projects Manager
Please review the HĀ Summit website for an overview of the work. We are approaching the final year of the 3-year HĀ pilot and will be conducting activities to complete a system-wide implementation plan that reflects the learning from the pilot and provides recommendations to the HIDOE on system-wide implementation. This is an excellent opportunity to gain first hand experience in and out of the HIDOE and be part of supporting a positive shift in the system to support a Hawaii-based education approach. Much of the work is in partnership with other education and community organizations.
The position duties include, but not limited to:
- Administrative support for HĀ activities including:
- Coordinating travel
- Managing contracts, purchase orders, and other invoice related processes
- Provide support to track spending on HĀ activities
- Track, monitor and support evaluation of HĀ pilot sites
- Serve as a Story Catcher to identify the learning from the HĀ pilot sites
- Create and update a HĀ pilot site map to depict the spread of HĀ
- Provide support to HĀ pilot sites in connecting to resources, accessing services, etc.
- Provide support for and/or lead HĀ orientation presentations
Duties will shift based on the strengths of the individual and the collective need of the team.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment with many moving parts
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and organizational skills
- Familiarity with Hawaiian culture, language, and values; ʻŌlelo Hawaiʻi desired
- Familiarity with HIDOE; education background desired
- Have a systems level perspective, while able to complete detail oriented tasks
- Ability to interact with many different audiences and can speak to a group
- Team player, but able to complete independent tasks
- Puts students first in all actions and a commitment to strengthening BREATH for HIDOE
- Joy for learning
To apply, email a resume and statement of interest to Jessica Worchel at email@example.com with the subject: HĀ Support Position. The statement of interest should be a short description of your interest in the position and how you meet the required qualifications, skills, and dispositions.