Once again Waikalua Loko I`a will be having our la Hana, Community Work Day, on Saturday June 25, 2016 from 8-12pm. Our main focus of service will be:
- Kuapa (rockwall restoration- rock sorting)
- Opala ( rubbish) Clean Up
– we also will need people to know how to use weed wackers and/or chainsaws
If you can come a bit earlier to help us set-up and kokua with parking please come by around 7:30am. A lite lunch will be provided afterwards. Please register online our site, under the register here button, found on the left side of the page http://www.thepaf.org/waikalualokofishpond/register. Please forward to friends and family if you want too extend the invite to others. The more the better!!!! We can also provide you with service certificates if you need or want one.
Please be sure to bring the following:
- Wear clothing you don’t mind getting dirty/muddy
- Old athletic shoes or tabis
- Reusable water bottle (please no plastic bottles)
- Educational tours of our fishpond
- Take Kaneohe Bay Drive to Castle High School
- At traffic light, turn right onto Pu‘ohala street if you’re coming from Kailua or left if you’re coming from Honolulu
- Make your first right onto Kulauli street.
- Follow road past Puohala Elementary School until you reach the fork in the road -go left and follow dirt road to the end.
Please be sure to print the attached map/directions prior to the event.